WE NOW OFFER REMOTE ERGONOMIC ASSESSMENTS – READ MORE HERE
Ergonomics in the workplace is a key part of your employee wellness, productivity, and performance. An uncomfortable employee cannot be expected to focus and engage with their work to the degree that they would like when their mind is on the pain or discomfort.
Furthermore, when a job requires you to build interpersonal connections and foster collaborations, feeling irritable or uncomfortable is no longer simply an inconvenience. It can directly influence the degree to which you are successful.
All our assessments are performed by fully qualified allied health practitioners who are able to assess not just the ergonomics of a workstation but also the individual who’s using it.
We have a variety of ergonomic assessment solutions to fit your needs.
1. Group Presentation – Sit well and avoid pain – ergonomics, posture & performance. The purpose of this 45-60 minute presentation is to educate your people on workstation set-up and use, ultimately leading to a more productive workforce.
Key topics covered in the group presentation are:
- Posture – It’s more than sit up straight and shoulders back
- Ergonomics – Setup for efficiency
- Movement – How implementing movement before/during/after work improves your work performance
2. Individual assessments (basic desk check)
- These are ideal for most employees as a prevention tool and those without existing pain or injury issues
- The desk check allows enough time to educate the worker on their chair, desk and any relevant accessories and adjust these where appropriate to improve their working posture and ergonomics.
- 10-15 minutes with each worker to review their workstation and make relevant changes
3. Individual assessments (thorough desk check)
- These are ideal for workers who have an existing or history of pain or injury
- This 20-30 minute assessment involves a more detailed approach. With a thorough assessment of the worker’s health history taken into account along with the assessment of the workstation.
4. Sit to stand desk setup/adjustment
- Many a company makes purchases of sit to stand desks without guiding workers on their correct use and setup. Make the most of your investment and minimize the risk of incorrect use.
- 10-15 minutes with each worker – as per basic desk check.
5. Equipment sourcing
- Let us help guide you through the process to ensure you’re people get the right equipment for their needs.
Following all ergonomic assessments:
- Workers will receive individual advice regarding their setup
- An individual report for each worker will be provided
- An overall summary of all findings will be provided if necessary
- Recommendations for future Well People programs will be provided